To install some Windows XP updates or upgrades like Media Player 11, you need to activate your copy of Windows XP. I will show you how you can validate your copy of Windows XP as genuine.
Follow these steps:
1. Go to “RUN” and type REGEDIT. Windows registry editor will pop up.
2. Now expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\CurrentVersion\\WPAEvents
3. On the right side, double-click on OOBETimer
4. In that windows, delete everything you can and exit.
5. Now, Go to “RUN” and type
6. Activate Windows will pop up.
7. Choose Yes, I want to telephone a customer service representative to activate Windows and click Next
8. Now, press on “Change Product Key”
9. Enter new key as
10. Click on “Update”
11. Now, Click on “Remind Me Later”
12. Restart the Windows
13. When system reboots, go to “RUN” and type
14. You will see on “Activate Windows” that Windows is already activated.
15. Press OK to exit.
You are DONE, Njoy!!
Email This Post
Print This Post