If you happened to be in a situation where you want to extract text from image file which can be a scanned document.
OCR Online is an advanced web-based optical character recognition (OCR) application capable of turning scanned paper documents and digital photographs into text files that you can edit and search for text.
It supports over 153 different languages automatically.
How it works?
You would first have to scan your documents. It is recommended that you scan them at a resolution of 300 dpi and save the image file at high image quality (at least 60%) if you save to the JPG format.
Follow these steps to upload your image files:
- Pick your preferred output format from MS Word (.doc), PDF, Rich Text Format (.rtf), Text (.txt)
- Click the Browse button, locate the images that you want converted and select them. Close the file selection window by clicking the Open button.
- Click the Upload button and wait for your files to upload.
Click the Process button. In about a minute you will get links to download your converted files. Converted file are kept for 24 hours after conversion.
Every user gets 10 pages for free on registration. Additionally every Monday it will reset your pages quota to the initial value in case you have less than 10 pages left in your account.
Below are the screenshots representing a JPG image file having text & image and the extracted content from the image in the doc format which you can select, edit and search.
Salient features of OCR Online :
- It’s free to use.
- Has high recognition accuracy.
- Has superior multilingual support.
- Can detect 153 languages automatically.
- Can recognize fonts.
- Can rebuild the structure and restore formatting of multi-page documents.
- Supported input file formats: JPG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, PDF new
Email This Post
Print This Post